Monday, October 19, 2009

Recovery day

Since the one spill I took on Sunday left my knee a bit tender and unwilling to bend, I decided to exercise the joint and went for a summit hike on Mt. Tammany. This was certainly one of those spiritual hikes that are great for clearing one's head. I was in the woods alone all day. There are no words to go with these images. Only thoughts. Okay, maybe some words. Enjoy.











Halfway up. In the crack.


A slab-tastic discovery! This thing is HUGE!


Note to self: Bring climbing shoes next time.


They weren't even afraid.


Mt. Minsi











I lowered myself onto this little outcropping with a sheer drop before me. I was actually shitting. I hope my mom doesn't see this.

The swimmin' hole. Gotta come back next summer.





An entire hillside of ferns.


This is no rolling stone.


This reminded me of that scene from Into The Wild when he's on the PCT.


The rainbow tree.





Where I was (above).


A stage of life complete and a whole new chance to grow and learn.











I almost step on bugs. Then I take their picture.






No comments:

Post a Comment