Thursday, October 1, 2009

It's pants weather


I woke up today feeling really good since I got to sleep in a bit. I also had a great dream that in actuality only took a few seconds, but left a lasting mark that would set the tone for the day to come. There was definitely a chill in the air when I left my house this morning and the overcast sky suggested snow. Winter will be here soon. Some unfortunate people suffer from that seasonal affection disorder, but not me. This is my favorite time of the year. A transition period. When I left work, the smell of the air and sight of my breath brought reminders of good times spent on nights just like this. How can anyone be depressed by that?

Another good thing to happen to enhance the mood of the day is that my long awaited cross wheels have arrived and I began at once the process of gluing my tires. I'm excited for cross season for a few reasons and now that it's getting colder, it fills me with anticipation and excitement that what's to come is drawing nearer. On the drive home, all the right songs were coming up on my shuffling iPod. I opened my windows and sunroof and enjoyed the rush of cold air. I'm thankful for the seasons. I'm not one for routine and the same old, same old and I love how a change in the weather brings changes in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment