Monday, August 18, 2014

So long, Facebook!

I don't miss it one bit. Opening Safari and seeing Facebook as my home page, scrolling through pages of postings. Some interesting, some not, some thought provoking and some enraging. Then there are the memes. And don't get me started about the articles or videos with headlines that read something like, "... and you won't believe what happened next!" You're right, I can't believe it. I can't believe I wasted my time looking at that.

So much time wasted on nonsense that doesn't make me any smarter or for the better. I get my news from NPR, not from a friend of a friend who shared a link to their wall. I am reinvigorating my will and my urge to write. Not one or two sentences for a status update. It's time to return to story telling, which is a dying art.

If I coaxed you from your twitter feed to click on my blog, it is my goal to make it worth your time. Maybe you'll find it interesting. Maybe you will come back. Maybe you will share it with someone else.

And just to make it worth it for you to have read this, here is a picture of a puppy.



No comments:

Post a Comment