Monday, May 2, 2011

Tour of the Gila

Photo dump. Words to come. I know I say that a lot, but this time I really mean it. There is much to say for this incredible experience. Stay tuned!



My family for the week, Team Diadora-Pasta Zara. L to R: Eleonora Patuzzo (ITA), Amber Pierce (AUT), Rachel Neylan (AUS), Mara Abbott (USA), Claudia Haeusler (GER), and Manel Lacambra (SPA).



Mara Abbott wins the first stage of the tour!




Mara wins the polka dot (or polka leap) climbers jersey and is Queen of the Mountain.



Mara wins 2nd overall in the GC.



The girls on the "Vomit Comet" from Silver City to Albequerque.



Eleonora Patuzzo sprints for 3rd place in Stage 4's criterium race in downtown Silver City.



The shop where I spent a few late nights preparing for the next day of racing.



Unloading the van and preparing the team car for the caravan.



My view from the backseat.



Just in case, though fortunately I didn't have to leave the car once.




Our hosts' house overlooked Wind Canyon and Silver City. Not a bad place to be while washing the bikes.


Pretty maids all in a row. Ready to "kill the bitches... in the middle of the face!"


The start of Stage 5.




The photo I waited all week for: The team and their mechanick.

No comments:

Post a Comment